Rio de Janeiro Botanic Garden
The Botanical Garden of Rio de Janeiro – JBRJ – was founded on June 13, 1808. It arose from a decision by the then Portuguese Prince Regent D. João to install a gunpowder factory and a garden for the acclimatization of plant species originating in Rio de Janeiro. other parts of the world. Today, the Rio de Janeiro Botanical Garden Research Institute – the name it received in 1995 – is a federal agency linked to the Ministry of the Environment and constitutes one of the most important research centers in the world in the areas of botany and biodiversity conservation.