Botanical Garden of the University of Würzburg
The University of Würzburg has had a botanical garden since 1696 . It emerged from the medicinal plant garden (Hortus medicus) of the Juliusspital in today’s city center and is now, after its third relocation, on the southern outskirts of the city. In 1960 work began on the new system on the Mittlerer Dallenbergweg. The Botanical Garden is a central institution of the University of Würzburg. It serves various sub-disciplines of botany and other university institutions as an important aid in research and teaching. It is open to the public.