Elsie Reford was gifted the Estavan Lodge and Gardens in 1918, and developed beautiful gardens.
Estevan Lodge was built by George Stephen in 1887 as a fishing lodge above the Metis and St. Lawrence rivers near Grand-Metis. Occasionally used to entertain business partners—but mainlyintended as a refuge for his wife and himself. After his wife died in 1896, George never returned to Estevan.
From the 1890’s onward Estevan welcomed Stephen’s friends, including Elsie Reford. Stephen made a gift of Estevan to his favourite neice—Elsie Reford—in 1918.
Read more by clicking: Reford Gardens