may - mai, 2021
• The Friends of the Farm board of directors cordially invites the public to attend our 2021 Annual General Meeting on Wednesday, May 19, 2021, at
• The Friends of the Farm board of directors cordially invites the public to attend our 2021 Annual General Meeting on Wednesday, May 19, 2021, at 7:00 p.m. Membership in FCEF is not required to attend; however only fully paid members may vote.
• The AGM will be held virtually. Details to follow soon.
• The meeting will be followed by a virtual presentation from the horticultural therapist Sarah Shapiro.
• Please register if you plan to attend. The meeting link will be sent only to registered attendees.
• If you are a member, please make arrangements to renew your membership, if necessary, to be eligible to vote. You can do so in one of two ways: by printing the membership form and sending with cheque payment via mail, or by renewing online prior to the meeting. Please provide adequate time for your renewal to be processed (2 weeks for mail, 24 hours for online).
Sarah Shapiro practices horticultural therapy at the Perley and Rideau Veterans’ Health Centre in Ottawa. She runs both one-on-one and group horticultural therapy programs for veterans and community seniors, including those with dementia and in palliative care. Sarah incorporates complementary and adjunct therapies into her programs, including mindfulness, meditation, and aromatherapy. She is also a member of the Ottawa Horticultural Society, Ottawa Herb Society, The Canadian Horticultural Therapy Association, and the Friends of the Farm.
COST: Admission is free, but registration is required to obtain the link to the meeting’s platform.
INFO: The Friends of the Farm office is closed, and voicemail messages are monitored on an irregular basis. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for any issues.
Virtual Event Details
Join the live stream
(Wednesday) 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Friends of the Central Experimental FarmThe Friends of the Central Experimental Farm (FCEF) preserve, protect, maintain and enhance the Dominion Arboretum, the Ornamental Gardens and other public areas of the Farm, in partnership with Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, for the educational benefit and enjoyment of the public; and promote the Farm’s historical email@example.com